Job ID: 1040563_RR00018942
Area of Talent: Nursing
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: NYU School of Medicine,
Shift: 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM variable hours
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner.
In this role, the successful candidate Coordinates and performs diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive patient care activities. Provides forand assures comprehensive nursing care through use of nursing process and appropriate standards ofcare. Functions within a collaborative practice agreement established with Division Chief
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and service line.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, housestaff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Elicits a detailed and accurate medical history from patient and performs appropriate physicalexaminations.
- Records appropriate data in medical charts
- Organizes and presents pertinent (both normal and abnormal) data in a manner meaningful to physician for his/her medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Orders non-invasive and diagnostic testing,differentiates between normal/abnormal findings and refers abnormalities to supervising physician per protocol.
- Participates in provision of healthcare, teaching,counseling and treatment to patients in outpatient setting and refers significant clinical issues perprotocol to supervising physician.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices,and home health services per practice protocol
- Prescribes and writes prescriptions for medication according to New York State law(including controlledsubstances provided DEA number has been issued) per protocol
- Evaluates patients treatment and healthcare plan for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Assists physician in maintaining timely and appropriate communication with other disciplines and ancillary services
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient, physician and hospital related information.
- Fosters open communication with office and hospital staff interfacing with designated practice.
- Cooperates and communicates effectively and harmoniously with own supervisor,management, peers, general staff, physicians, other hospital personnel, patients and theirfamilies and general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Pays careful attention to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions, or obtain needed information
- Develops a therapeutic and supportive relationship with patient; maintains a proper perspective between personal and professional affairs
- Maintains active and in good standing licensure
- Participates in hospital, nursing, State and JCAHO continuing education programs as required and as indicated
- Provides nursing consultation and educational programs to nursing and medical staff as requested and indicated
- Participates inoutside professional and community activities as appropriate and requested
- Participates in hospital and departmental committees as appropriate and as requested.
- Monitors and trends cost effectiveness of position, particularly as it relates to efficiency and volume of service or practice.
To qualify you must have a Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited program plus five years clinical nursing required.Current NY R.N. license and New York State nurse practitioner certification with prescription privilegesis also required. Accreditation from National Certification Body, (AANCP) Completion of an approvedpharmacology course, a written collaborative practice agreement and practice protocols developed withsupervising physician required.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Nurse Practitioner-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster. To view the EEO supplement, please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.