- REQ #: 19511
- LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
- FACILITY: CLEVELAND CLINIC MAIN CAMPUS
- PROFESSIONAL AREA: LABORATORY
- DEPARTMENT: TRANSFUSION SERVICES
- JOBCODE: E22000
- SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
- SHIFT: 3:00PM-11:30PM
Cleveland Clinic is offering a $2,500 sign on bonus (external new hires) and select candidates may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Diploma and transcripts must be provided prior to interviewing. Education will be verified. Education outside of the USA requires diploma & transcripts translated into English and proof of foreign equivalency from a reputable agency.
Performs the following functions for patients of all ages: Performs laboratory procedures which require the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision. Maintains equipment and records. Troubleshoots procedural and technical problems. Performs quality assurance activities related to test performance. May function in an educator, consultant or in a supervisory capacity, within lab setting.
- Performs and interprets tests.
- Applies theory and scientific principles of lab testing. Correlates abnormal data with pathological states, determines validity of results and need for additional tests.
- Communicates all pertinent information to authorized sources.
- Maintains supplies.
- Demonstrates computer skills and knowledge of relevant programs.
- Repairs equipment and/or initiates requests for repair or service.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting records.
- Helps implement new procedures and/or evaluates new instruments/equipment.
- Ability to continually improve work process flow.
- Investigates problem areas and recommends improvements.
- Performs and documents quality assurance activities.
- Monitors and ensures completion of lab records.
- Prepares procedures for lab tests according to.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with various regulatory guidelines.
- Functions in an educator or consultant capacity.
- Remains abreast of new developments in the field and attends CEs and conferences.
- May function in a supervisory capacity.
- Communicates essential information to all appropriate personnel.
- Notifies supervisory personnel of any significant test results which may affect diagnosis or treatment of a patient; need for major repair on equipment; any significant occurrence that affects the validity of the work or function of the laboratory.
- Demonstrates adaptability in addressing problems, accepting new tasks, and adjusting to changing work conditions.
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment in dealing with the broad scope of procedural and technical issues and/or problems.
- Effectively interacts in a pleasant, courteous and cordial manner with external and internal clients.
- Exhibits and models world class service and customer care principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological science.
- Required Documents: Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided.
- Education will be verified.
- Education outside of the United States requires diploma/transcripts translated into English and proof of foreign equivalency from a reputable agency.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and theoretical knowledge sufficient to perform laboratory functions assigned.
- Physical demands include: Visual acuity to study specimens under a microscope as required.
- The ability to distinguish colors.
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity to handle specimens and lab equipment required to process specimens and repair equipment.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities