- REQ #: 14342
- LOCATION: INDEPENDENCE, OH
- FACILITY: BUSINESS OPERATIONS CENTER
- PROFESSIONAL AREA: NURSING - EXPERIENCED
- DEPARTMENT: NURSING TEAM 5
- JOBCODE: F99915
- SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
- SHIFT: 12 HOUR SHIFT
Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients including assessment and development of the plan of care, treatment and procedures, patient/caregiver education and discharge planning in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and the physician care plan. Performs scheduled afternoon, evening and on-call admissions and visits, provides comprehensive reports back to case managing RNs and, as appropriate. Provides supervision to LPNs and home care aides, as applicable; instructs family/caregivers involved in the care of the patient. Participates as a member of a patient-focused interdisciplinary care team.
Choice of shift: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Providing services to patients in their homes
About Cleveland Clinic Home Care...
- Current Ohio licensure as Registered (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Valid Ohio Driver's license (VDL)
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance with $100,000/$300,000 coverage.
- Minimum one year clinical experience as a registered nurse in an acute medical-surgical setting; infusion therapy experience preferred.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Assesses and documents patients' pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patients' pain then, prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs and problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Must be ambulatory and able to drive to patients' homes, able to climb stairs, pull, push, and facilitate movement of the patient.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate with patients.
- Must have correctable vision and correctable hearing to be able to hear normal conversations. Must be able to work in settings with infectious diseases.
- Must present a professional appearance at all times and attend staff and agency meetings, as requested.
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities